Friday, January 23, 2009

Blog of Awesomeness

Okay, so as a tribute to all things awesome, I decided to make a "BLOG OF AWESOMENESS".

1. Snocap
Snocap is pretty awesome. It basically lets any musician create a free "store" to sell their own songs (like a mini iTunes, sorta)- it's really awesome cuz you can post the store anywhere, and you can also set the price for each song.




This is my Snocap store. Each song is $0.75, which is less than buying a song from iTunes.

2. Snowcaps
I love Snowcaps. Don't you?

3. Sir Isaac Newton of Awesomeness
So, I personally think that Sir Isaac Newton is a pretty awesome guy. Why? Well, I know a few reasons. (1) He pretty much invented (er, discovered?) calculus. (2) Newton's Method for approximating zeros is *awesome*. (3) Newton's Laws of Motion are pretty much the basics of physics (even though I forgot one of the three laws while taking the physics honors final last year...). (4) He has awesome hair. (5) He is credited with the invention of the "cat door".

Seriously, though, where would we be without Newton? (Answer: in a world without calculus, physics, or cat doors.)


4. Water Polo at swim practice

Okay, so "real" water polo is extremely intense. I've never played "real" water polo, but about twice a season, my swim coach lets us play water polo instead of having a real practice. We played water polo today, and it was awesome. It's fun because we get to compete against each other. It gets pretty agressive. I was the goalie for part of the game today, and I actually made a save (I think this is the first time in my life that I have ever done that).


5. Lolcats
A lolcat is basically a picture of cat, with a funny caption. I also like loldogs, lolcelebs, lolnews, lolgraphs, and failblog. I need a daily dose of lulz.

6. Free Kibble and Free Rice
If you go to visit Free Kibble, once a day, if you answer a dog-related trivia question, and (wrong or right), they'll donate 10 pieces of kibble to animal shelters (Free Kibble Kat is the cat version). You can even sign up to get a daily email reminder.
Free Rice is similar. It's all multiple choice questions, and there are tons of different topics (vocabulary, math, art history, foreign languages), and for each one you get correct, they'll donate 10 grains of rice (which might not sound like a lot, but it totally adds up)- you can do it as many times a day as you want, I believe.

No comments: