Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Getting ready for decisions...

So as of yesterday, I was assuming I'd receive my admissions decisions from colleges in the following order:

1. RPI, MIT, and Caltech- 3/14-3/22ish
2. Case Western, Wash U, Lehigh, USC- 4/1ish
3. Pomona- 4/5ish
4. Carnegie Mellon- 4/15

I'm a big fan of MIT's admissions blogs. Caltech also has some blogs, too- from the director of admissions, and from various students, talking about their experiences in cooking class, on a sports team (yes... Caltech has sports teams), or in a lab.

Today, I checked the director's blog, only to see:




"We are finishing up the letters and expect to mail freshman admissions decisions tomorrow. I'll post more details once the mail goes out."

This was posted yesterday, March 3. Today is yesterday's tomorrow, which means my decision letter could quite possibly be in the mail already.

I'm kind of nervous, to be perfectly honest. I mean, I do want to know where I'll be getting in, and where I'll be going, but at the same time... this is kind of scary. Where will I get in? Honestly, I don't know for sure. I have an idea (thanks to my college counselor) of where I'll probably get in and where I probably won't get in. I know where I want to get in, and I know where I don't really care about getting in. Luckily for me, the list of places I'll probably get in does overlap somewhat with the list of places I want to get in to.

I know that whatever happens, I'll end up somewhere great. I've already been accepted somewhere- and that might be a great place. But hopefully, I will get in to other places, too. I hope that I'll have a hard time choosing where to go, because that would mean that I have multiple good choices. But I mean, if all else fails, I could always go here.

Oh, and by the way: I have (almost) no homework tonight. It feels so good to say that. It's 4:23 pm, and I think I'm going to go watch television.

***EDIT 3/4/09 9:45pm- I just checked on the blog again...

...so basically, spring break will start off either extremely awesome or somewhat suckish.

No comments: