So here's a list of things I've learned recently...
1. Rice cakes aren't supposed to go in the toaster, or the microwave (learned from the rice cake package).
2. Snow is fun, until you have to drive in it.
3. College applications are no fun, but getting in to college is.
4. Being deferred from two colleges is half the fun of being deferred from one, until you realize that tons of people got rejected, so maybe the admissions officers actually liked your application. Maybe.
5. Swim practice doesn't actually get easier over four years, but as you get in better shape, it feels easier (even when you're swimming in a faster lane).
6. Leaky goggles during a T30 suck, and will cause you to have "red stoner eyes". Additionally, even the best goggles become leaky after a point.
7. Calculus is awesome, and it's way better than algebra. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong.
8. Friendship bracelets are fun, and they look really pretty, too.
9. Mechanical pencils are far, far better than regular pencils (actually, I didn't learn this recently, I learned this in like 9th grade).
10. Links are fun!