Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ah! Sore throat.

So on Wednesday, I woke up, and my throat felt a little sore, kind of like it did when I lost my voice. Only I didn't lose my voice, my voice was perfectly fine, and a few hours after I woke up, my throat felt fine.

On Thursday, I woke up, and my throat felt sore and kind of tense. Like it feels when it's really cold out, and you're running around and breathing heavy.

On Friday, I woke up, and my throat felt fine. We had to do a T-30 at swim practice. Conveniently, I had to go to the bathroom really bad about 2/3 of the way through, so I got out and ran quickly to the bathroom, which happened to be 56 degrees. 56 degrees fahrenheit. That's fucking cold for a bathroom! It's cold enough walking in there in, say, jeans and a t-shirt when you're perfectly dry, just imagine walking in there wearing only your bathing suit and flip-flops, and you're soaking wet. For comparison, the pool deck (which is DIRECTLY CONNECTED to this bathroom) is about 80 degreesish. Coffeehouse went alright. I messed up a lot in my first song (the original), and I kept like laughing through the whole thing.

Today, I woke up a little before my alarm was supposed to go off (to wake up me up to go to swim practice), and I had a really sore throat. I decided I didn't want to go to swim practice, because my throat was really sore, and I knew that swimming would just make me feel worse. So I turned off my alarm. My mom asked me if I was going to practice, and I said no. I needed sleep, for pete's sake.

My throat is still sore. I've been drinking room-temperature water, because I hate drinking ice cold water when I have a sore throat. I also didn't have orange juice today at breakfast, because I also hate drinking that when I have a sore throat.

No comments: